Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ASKING AND GIVING OPINION

A. Asking for Opinion
Formal :
  • Have you got any comments on …..
  • Do you have any idea?
  • Do you have any opinion on ……
  • Would you give me your opinion on……….?
  • What is your reaction to ….
  • What is your opinion about……….?
  • What are you feeling about………….?
  • What are your views on……….?
  • Please give me your frank opinion?
Informal
  • What do you think of…….?
  •  What do you think about………?
  •  What is your opinion?
  • Why do they behave like that?
  • Do you think it’s going?
  • How do you like?
  • How was the trip?
  • How do you think of Rina’s idea ?
B. Giving Opinion
Informal
  •   I think I like it.
  •   I don’t think I care for it.
  •   I think it’s good/nice/terrific……..
  •   I think that awful/not nice/terrible…………
  •   I don’t think much of it.
  •   I think that……..
  •   In my opinion, I would rather……….
  •   In my case …..
  •   What I’m more concerned with ….
  •   What I have in my mind is………
  •   From my point of view ….
Dialog Examples:
Dialog 1
Mr. Zoe  :  What do you think of my new house?
Shane     :  It is beautiful. I think. Oh you have many novels in your new house.
Mr. Zoe  :  Yeah, some. I like Andrea Hirata’s novels.
Shane     :  How do you feel about Andrea Hirata’s novels ?
Mr. Zoe  :  I feel they are great novels.
Shane     :  Yes, you are right. I think it is going to rain.
Mr. Zoe  : I don’t think so. Look outside at the sky! It’s so clear. No clouds there.
Shane     : But I watched the weather forecast yesterday. It said that today is going
to rain. OK Mr. Zoe see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment